Light leak from tilt adjuster

I think I've finally sorted my tilt issue with my setup. But now with adjusting the tilt I seem to (I think) have a light leak in the bottom left and this is from the corner with most tilt applied. I'm thinking of coving the gap all around the tilt adjuster with some DIY job, has anyone else suffered this. 

Cheers 

Lee 

Flo-test.jpg

IMG_20220306_112522.jpg

Just now, alacant said:

Until you can confirm, maybe...

cinta-negra.jpg.f4c4bf19d0778672233b4894cad801b6.jpg

Yep just what I was thinking too 👍, don't really wanna be pulling the imaging train apart now I've got the tilt sorted now, took 2 months to do, hoping there's a clear spell tonight to try the tape job, thank you 

I have a Starlight Xpress SXVF-M25C which has a similar tilt arrangement and although I didn't see any light leakage, I considered that there was sufficient risk to do something about it - The black tape has been on there for about 6 years now! Simple solutions are often the best....

Tape.png.c5e1d3b03cd8fa5ca78c948a2b48c161.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

I have a Starlight Xpress SXVF-M25C which has a similar tilt arrangement and although I didn't see any light leakage, I considered that there was sufficient risk to do something about it - The black tape has been on there for about 6 years now! Simple solutions are often the best....

Thank you. Yes I think the black tape is the way to go and good to hear you suffered no initial light leak but the tape has stayed in place for so long. I shall do the simple thing and apply the tape around the tilt adjuster, like I said before adter sorting the tilt out finally I don't want to touch the imaging train atall 😬Edit.... Added the black tape 

IMG_20220306_135957.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee

3 hours ago, AstroNebulee said:

Thank you. Yes I think the black tape is the way to go and good to hear you suffered no initial light leak but the tape has stayed in place for so long. I shall do the simple thing and apply the tape around the tilt adjuster, like I said before adter sorting the tilt out finally I don't want to touch the imaging train atall 😬Edit.... Added the black tape 

IMG_20220306_135957.jpg

Excellent, it looks like an original integral part of the camera 👍

• Thanks 1