Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light with ASI533 - Rosette Nebula

Daf1983

Some unexpected clear skies over the weekend meant I got to try my new ZWO ASI 533MC pro for the first time.

I had some issues with guiding during the session, which I won't go into now, but managed to get about 2 hours of useable data using the l-enhance filter, each sub being 180s. Flats, dark flats and darks added for calibration, and everything processed in photoshop.

I can't believe the difference a dedicated camera makes compared to my 600d. The data is so clean in comparison, which makes processing so much easier. Very happy with my purchase, and pretty pleased with this for a first image.  

CC welcome as always

Dafydd

931554576_1stProcess.thumb.png.0a3448c0765f9c6c80d220ffe10870bd.png

Edited by Daf1983
  • Like 25

24 minutes ago, LaurenceT said:

Excellent image, I have that camera and I'm torn between the L- Enhance and the Extreme, your image is certainly going to influence my choice.

Thanks for your kind comment. I got the l-enhance when I was using my DSLR, would probably go for the l-extreme now that I have a dedicated astro camera. That being said, I love the l-enhance, it has totally transformed my imaging

I've got both the L enhance and the L extreme paired with my 294 mc pro and have to say there's a real problem with halo's with the L extreme so if I'd have known then what I know now I would have stuck with the L enhance. I may of course just got a bad l extreme copy but thought it was worth mentioning. 

Cheers 

Paul

6 minutes ago, Paul Holdsworth said:

I've got both the L enhance and the L extreme paired with my 294 mc pro and have to say there's a real problem with halo's with the L extreme so if I'd have known then what I know now I would have stuck with the L enhance. I may of course just got a bad l extreme copy but thought it was worth mentioning. 

Cheers 

Paul

I have heard about star halos with the Extreme so I'm set on getting the Enhance.

Managed to collect some more data on this target last weekend, a total of about 5 hours. Took a slightly different approach to processing this time. Did a quick stretch, then removed the stars with starnett++, and processed the nebula and stars separately. Also tried stretching using the arcsinh stretch. Still not sure I'm happy wth the colours, but here it is.

338023022_2ndprocess.thumb.png.4107b13f1fae314892ac9d44ac19b4fd.png  

• Like 1

Both images are beautiful!

I also have a 533 after using a Nikon D5300 (Ha modded). I thought that the Nikon did a nice job, but the 533 took my images to a different level. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do (I think that you are)!

• Thanks 1