Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Just one frame of the Rosette Nebula

AstroGS

It is true! You get new equipment, you spend 30 mins setting up everything under clear skies, achieving perfect tracking with sub 1" error, the filter and new ZWO ASI533MC are super happy for their first light.... you get your 1st 600secs exposure, your jaw drops and setting up the plan for 40 x 300 exposures AND.......

clouds roll out aplenty. Probably they sensed my enthusiasm and excitement. By the way, the projection was for clear skies between 6pm and 2am.....

Here is the only one 600 sub taken, with WO GT81, Flattener, SW AZ-EQ5, Optolong L-Extreme and ASI533MC.

44FA90D9-FBE2-45A0-A6F5-919A69540DF0.thumb.jpeg.2769a9b7eb887f9eb5ca1cd2a6f5e394.jpeg

Edited by George Sinanis
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, George Sinanis said:

the way, the projection was for clear skies between 6pm and 2am.....

Yep, I’m in Northampton area as well and did exactly same thing , got in one sub and then the same clouds put end to my session as well. Tried again about 9’ish and didn’t even get in one sub.

3 hours ago, George Sinanis said:

It is true! You get new equipment, you spend 30 mins setting up everything under clear skies, achieving perfect tracking with sub 1" error, the filter and new ZWO ASI533MC are super happy for their first light.... you get your 1st 600secs exposure, your jaw drops and setting up the plan for 40 x 300 exposures AND.......

clouds roll out aplenty. Probably they sensed my enthusiasm and excitement. By the way, the projection was for clear skies between 6pm and 2am.....

Here is the only one 600 sub taken, with WO GT81, Flattener, SW AZ-EQ5, Optolong L-Extreme and ASI533MC.

44FA90D9-FBE2-45A0-A6F5-919A69540DF0.thumb.jpeg.2769a9b7eb887f9eb5ca1cd2a6f5e394.jpeg

Nice single frame though. I had the same issue the other night. Got all set up, started imaging and then it starting raining! One minute clear skies (and clear all night according to the apps) and the next rain. And then typically after putting everything away the clouds disappeared.

Managed better last night in that I got 3 hours on the Orion nebula and then when that disappeared over the houses I got another hour on the rosette.