Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First night with the Rowan belt upgrade...

Sterrenland

Having struggled to get my guiding down to manageable levels I decided to upgrade my HEQ5 Pro with the Rowan belt kit which I purchased from FLO. I spent a couple of hours yesterday evening fitting it with a little bit of trepidation. managed to drop one of the tiny tiny tiny washers off one of the motor bolts...half an hour on the floor with a torch solved the problem.

I've set up this evening and am trying to get some data of LDN1251...bit of a random target, but it's not right next to the moon!

After months of hovering between 1.2 and 2 RMS tonight has seen my guiding around 0.5. Bit of a wow! moment for me.  Definitely pleased I did the upgrade. Obviously I'll be able to see later if the shape of my stars has improved, etc. I know RMS figures aren't the only story, but I definitely feel like some progress has been made. From what I've seen so far I would recommend the belt upgrade!

• Like 5

If I am working on anything with tiny bolts of washers I put a sheet down and work over that due to the fact I lost a tiny bolt and washer well over 7 years ago and still not found it in the rug 

Glad the belt mod helped your guiding I did mine just to stop the rattles, well done finding the washer 

• Like 1