Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ultimate Sky Software?

Sunshine

Anyone out there use SkyGuide? while surfing youtube I ran into Dylan’s post regarding this software which seems to be leaps and bounds ahead in the esthetic department. In the Video he presents the IOS version, not sure if there is an android version but that aside it is beautiful. A few adjustments to preferences and a quick look at the night sky reveals beautiful star colors, planetary details, photographic quality in nebulae, clusters, galaxies etc. zooming in on an object reveals stars in true colors as though viewed through a fine scope, it took me all of five minutes before I handed over the $49 yearly subscription for the pro version. So far this app has been a joy to discover and explore!.

Cool tip: holding a finger on a particular spot opens a circular filter wheel window over that spot which can be spun like a filter wheel via a little dot on the edge of the filter circle which allows for the object to be seen in microwave, x-Ray, gamma Ray, radio wave and a few more, screenshots below.

81717016-8C2F-46FE-A99A-06AA75A5F962.png

F8A51278-A88D-414E-80AB-FE99348483EA.png

Edited by Sunshine

It's unfortunate that is not on Android, as I'd really want to try it out.

The science content is provided by Dr Jen Millard, who also contributes to the Awesome Astronomy podcast as well as often appearing on the TV and radio when someone is needed to talk about astronomy matters.

If anyone's been to Astrocamp they'll know Jen. :)

• Like 1