NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

LBN 917 Eridanus

Tom OD

While working on the 12 pane Witch-head Mosaic, I noticed a bright nebula West of the Witch, that I ended up having to crop out. With quite a few cleat nights, I decided to see what it was.

Turns out its LBN 917, or "The Riddler"

Here is 15hrs LRGB with the FSQ106ED and Atik 11 Meg on a Mesu 200.

I also thought I saw a Skull, or an Alien shape head in there too. So I ve thrown them in to see what people think.

Thanks Tom.

LBN 917 LRGB 9hrs Astro 3C web.jpg

LBN 917 LRGB 15hrs Skull web.jpg

LBN 917 LRGB159hrs Alien Head Crop.jpg

• Like 20

Yes, very nicely shinig dust Tom! I see some middle ear bones in there and of course a bird head. Would have been really sad if this had ended up in the crop bin. Looking forward to the Witch next.

22 hours ago, cajen2 said:

The first one looks like a moray eel or snake's head.

17 hours ago, Rodd said:

All sorts of critters in there: Baby Eagle, adult hawk, octopus, an arachnid of some sort.  Very nice

13 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Lovely dusty shot. Beautiful.

Personally I see a giant underwater shuttlecock being investigated by a small porpoise. (Good whisky, this. :D)

Olly

9 hours ago, gorann said:

Yes, very nicely shinig dust Tom! I see some middle ear bones in there and of course a bird head. Would have been really sad if this had ended up in the crop bin. Looking forward to the Witch next.

Interesting array of items from you all. 
I like the Octopus suggestion. That works for me. 
Goran I posted the witchhead a few weeks ago. You might have to search for it now as it ll be a few pages back in the thread

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tom OD said:

Interesting array of items from you all. 
I like the Octopus suggestion. That works for me. 
Goran I posted the witchhead a few weeks ago. You might have to search for it now as it ll be a few pages back in the thread

I must have missed it but now I had a look. Great witchhead Tom! You really managed to capture a lot of that elusive Ha.

• Like 1