Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ6-R Pro Counterweight bar movement

George-92

I have had my eq6-r since November 2020 from FLO and I can’t fault it. It’s been a brilliant mount.

That said I have found lateral play in the counter weight bar.

With everything tightened up, I can rock the counterweight bar 90/270” to the locking screw that locks the bar into place.

While it’s a very small movement, it’s felt throughout the mount when slewing past the point where the loaded weight moves.

In turn I tends to cause a few images throughout the night to be lost due to the nock in the mount. Generally easy to reproduce targeting a high dec object.

see attached video for a demo.

Has anyone else come across this at all?

Any thoughts about a way to remove this little devil ?

Edited by George-92

43 minutes ago, David at Bythel Obs said:

Another thought have you lost a nylon bush off a thumb screw?

I am surprised too, it’s not been bumped or barey moved since buying it so I’m puzzled too.

I took the thin screw and the nylon shell is still there.

It tightens nice and the bar doesn’t move on the same plane as the screw, just side to side from it.

It's not the weight as can be seen by the movement of the weight bar itself where it enters the mount.

I just googled for remove EQ6R weight bar and found a video tuning it which shows the weight bar removal at around 7m 40s

That makes it appear the bar is not held in place much apart from the bearings and the weight bar locking bolt.

Have you made sure the weight bar lock bolt is tightening OK? That would seem to be the only way to lock it steady.

Otherwise a quick email to FLO who may be able to help.

Steve

PS edited first reply after finding/checking the above video.

Edited by StevieDvd
updated after video found

25 minutes ago, StevieDvd said:

It's not the weight as can be seen by the movement of the weight bar itself where it enters the mount.

I just googled for remove EQ6R weight bar and found a video tuning it which shows the weight bar removal at around 7m 40s

That makes it appear the bar is not held in place much apart from the bearings and the weight bar locking bolt.

Have you made sure the weight bar lock bolt is tightening OK? That would seem to be the only way to lock it steady.

Otherwise a quick email to FLO who may be able to help.

Steve

PS edited first reply after finding/checking the above video.

I noticed the same when watching videos disassembling the unit.

quite surprising how little there is to hold the bar into place.

I have tried to go all hulk on the screw and it’s the same unfortunately.

Well FLO was going to be my next step if I have no luck here. Apprehensive to open anything up quite yet.

• George-92 changed the title to EQ6-R Pro Counterweight bar movement