NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

MOON OF 20.01.2022, ALMOST FULL. TSA120 and BABY-MU

Fedele

Last night, I notice that the sky had opened unexpectedly. The Mewlon180c was already in "thermal pre-alert", the TSA120 was closed in the house. I bring out the latter unassuming, as I knew it would take some time to acclimate.

In reality, unlike the  reflectors, the image provided by the refractor, while it acclimates, is usefull at low focal ratios. I make a first observation with the Baby-Mu that as always excites me a lot on the Moon. A beautiful contrasted image full of details.
Then it's the turn of the TSA120. The image is splendid in the Maxbright II. For the first time, at this moon, i see everything in real 3D, with the mountains around Imbrium that seem to soar upwards. it was like seeing them in a helicopter from above the peaks. Usually at this stage everything is quite flattened, at a low focal ratio.
Here the images with TSA120

20.01.2022, Matera
Takahashi TSA120, ASI178mm, @ f 7.5 and with PowerMate 2,5 x
AsiStudio, AstroSurface

All my images are always copyed jpeg from my FB page

TSA (1).jpg

TSA (2).jpg

TSA Powermate 2,5 x (2).jpg

TSA Powermate 2,5 x (1).jpg

Edited by Fedele
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1