SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Star Atlases

keora

On 06/01/2022 at 21:12, Franklin said:

About time Sky and Telescope reprinted The Pocket Sky Atlas and the jumbo version and offered it at a reasonable price.

I don’t think it is out of print - I ordered one directly from S&T and it arrived  just after Christmas with no problems.

8A74E5C2-7051-4E66-93B0-C0024CF8BD74.thumb.jpeg.15062443b3b036f30e6ed98f97987540.jpeg

• Like 3

On 07/01/2022 at 08:15, Nicola Fletcher said:

I got a copy of the Pocket Sky Atlas directly from Sky and Telescope (https://shopatsky.com/products/pocket-sky-atlas-second-edition). It arrived about a week ago - delivery was reasonably fast. Including postage and customs it cost about €45 which I think is worth it for such a great little atlas!

I did the same to get the jumbo pocket atlas and the double star charts which are ludicrously priced in the UK. Well worth the investment as the jumbo pocket atlas is great for at the telescope! 

That said I use Stellarium and Skyview on my phone and both are excellent.

1 minute ago, wibblefish said:

I did the same to get the jumbo pocket atlas and the double star charts which are ludicrously priced in the UK. Well worth the investment as the jumbo pocket atlas is great for at the telescope! 

That said I use Stellarium and Skyview on my phone and both are excellent.

I agree - it’s much cheaper to order it from the USA than to pay the crazy prices this side of the pond!

I have SkySafari and there’s no doubt it’s very convenient- but I much prefer atlases and the S&T atlas is a perfect complement to the Interstellarum deep sky atlas and guide IMHO 😊

• Like 2