Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TS-Photon 150 F5 First Light

powerlord

Well, against the odds, about 2 hours of cloud free time last night. albeit with a full moon. So got 90 mins of data on the cygnus wall (is that what it's called ? - 'leg' of north america?)

went with  a 'brown' palette...not sure if that will catch on..POO? seriously, the oiii was unusable, so had to be inventive to get anything at all out of it. about 70 mins of Ha, 20 mins Oiii.

Processed in Siril, Affinity, and Topaz.. where i had to denoise like crazy I'm afraid to make anything with the data.

So, OTA is good. A fair bit of coma at the edges though, so have ordered a coma corrector - Baader Mark-III MPCC Coma Corrector on recommendation of FLO

299688470_cygnuswall.thumb.jpg.45164299119eb24fce8531672c79649b.jpg

Edited by powerlord
  • Like 16

18 hours ago, powerlord said:

'leg' of north america?

Mexico! 

18 hours ago, powerlord said:

OTA is good. A fair bit of coma at the edges though, so have ordered a coma corrector

I'll be following all your content with interest*, as I keep thinking I want a mid-ish sized Newtonian for a bit more reach.

*and seriously, how do you get out so often? I haven't even seen the sky for the last 2 weeks, let alone the stars!

6th, 10th, 16th so far dec. it's been rubbish here too. But sometimes forecasts wrong. I just keep my eyes open, and if i can see some stars, I set up.

only takes me 10 mins now to get everything outside and align, so provided it ain't gonna rain and set up, those 3 times were times I got some imaging. There were about another 3 when it was a waste of time and I got nothing.

I've ordered the baader mkIII coma corrector so we'll see what that does, though tbh I'm not a pixel peeper, and even without coma correct it's obviously doing ok. and not collimated, but looking at the stars, seems ok tbh.

it's amazing how much smaller and managable the 150 is compared to the 200. cylinder volume, v = pi x r^2 x h. so 115k cm3 vs 48k cm3 - so less than 1/2 the area and it really makes it much easier to mount, etc. And mount, even though it's a big EQ6R-pro, seems to have a lot easier time moving it around - getting a nice 0.3-0.5 rms through the 90 mins.