SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

AZ EQ6 GT - Needle Thrust Bearing sizes

Hi all,

Does anyone happen to know the sizes of the needle thrust bearings used in the AZ EQ6 GT? E.g. the inner and outer diameters, width etc....?

There are a few strip-down guides out there but cannot seem to find anh details of the bearings within them.

Thanks,

Jon

Hi David,

That is exactly what I am gearing myself up to do. I'm not ready to do it yet as the mount is still within the warranty period.  I am just doing a bit of homework to begin with and wondered if there is any info out there. Or to word it another way - I am just being lazy! ☺️

As you say though, the safest option is to just measure-up yourself upon dismantling. That way you cannot go wrong......much :)

Thanks,

Jon

1 hour ago, Jonny_H said:

"Hi all,

Does anyone happen to know the sizes of the needle thrust bearings used in the AZ EQ6 GT? E.g. the inner and outer diameters, width etc....?

There are a few strip-down guides out there but cannot seem to find anh details of the bearings within them."

Hi Jon/David,

Good luck with the AZEQ6 GEM overhaul.

Would appreciate it if you can let us know details of what replacement bearings/parts you get:

Supplier
Prices
Specifications (part numbers etc)

It is something I am considering doing with my mount in the future. I'm outside the warranty period, but want to get a bit more use out of it (assuming we ever get a clear sky again?!) before I strip it down.

I take it you have seen the recent AZEQ6 overhaul video on here? "Graham Holmes doing a strip down on an AZEQ6"

I've watched it several times, looks fairly straightforward. I stripped down a Meade LXD55 some years ago, by comparison, this looks much easier!

Regards,

Chaxastro

"Humour is reason gone mad" Grouch Marx

I will do Chaxastro,

It does look reasonably straight forward although the RA locking nut can be a bit of a nuisance so I've heard!

Also with the roller bearings - it sounds like it is best to just leave them in place and just clean them up and regrease them. All others can be easily replaced/upgraded etc... we'll see though.

Thanks,

Jonny