NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Optolong 3nm SHO Extra Narrow Band Filters

Starflyer

These are due out later in the month and if they perform as well as the listing on @FLO shop they'll be a strong competitor to Chroma / AD filters.

The only image posted is from their OIII filter and looks to be halo free.  I'm tempted to buy a set but I'm worried there aren't more of Optolong's test images anywhere, or maybe I just can't find them.  Optolong say they've carried out extensive testing, yet there's just one example image, has anyone seen more, different camera / scope combination images and also images from the Ha and SII filters?

The OIII example image is from an f/2 scope, does this mean they're only suitable for / optimised for, super fast scopes? The technical info so far is sketchy yet they're on preorder already.

Thanks,

Ian

You can't tell from single subs if their halo free. My first Baader Oiii 8.5nm was bad and on some subs you couldn't see anything but after stacking, there it was, big halo. 

Their target market is us, Average Joe trying to grab a few photons from our back gardens with small refractors and/or cheap Newts with reducers and coma correctors. They should be testing on the likes of those, not 11" RASA's. 

• Like 1