Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC405, IC410

Phillyo

Added more data to my IC405/410 collection, up to almost 15 hours of this area, however after WBPP and NSG with a 50% minimum weighting, this took me down to around 11 hours of total data.
I have a bit of tilt going on top left that I can't quite figure out. Really frustrating! Still, I'm fairly happy with the image so it's not something to worry about too much I guess! 

Captured on the ASI533, Samyang 135, IDAS NBX filter, EQ6-R Pro using NINA software (which is so good!).

Really thinking of getting a longer scope but not really sure what to go with? Somewhere aroung 500mm might be nice. Triplet maybe? See what Santa brings perhaps haha.

Thanks for looking.
Phil.

IC405-reduced.png

• Like 6

Nice detail from a small scope - I tried this with a very similar focal length a little while ago and got nowhere near the amount of dust you've got here.

If I was to make one criticism (and it may just be my phone's screen), I'd say maybe the background has a greenish tinge to it. 

If you're in the market for a triplet with ~500mm focal length, have you considered the Esprit 100? I think it's probably one of the best triplets in terms of quality vs price. Saying that, the Skywatcher price rises earlier in the year may have changed that somewhat, but I'd still consider it. 

• Like 1

Thank you,

Actually thought it looked a tiny bit green on my screen too, which is calibrated. However when I hovered the cursor over the image the G and B values were really close throughout the background so I assumed I was just imagining it a bit? Also thanks for the heads up on the scope. I'll take a look at the Esprit 100!

Phil