NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

HELP!!! C80ED + CG-5 mount problem

I have carefully been trying to assemble my sparkly new C80ED with mount which I received from FLO today. Only I am stuck....

The instructions say I need to attached the mounting bracket to the tube rings but don't say how.. I have included a photo of what I think are these 2 parts below. I don't seem to have any bolts or anything else to use to "attach" these parts so I am a bit lost.

Anyone able to help???

3326074761_e11949bf59.jpg?v=0

Pic 2 - I far as I know the clamshell, the big bit, clamps to the scope and this fits directly onto your mount, the other part pictured is far as I can see is not required to mount it. In other words the dovetail is integral to the clamshell, the dovetail is the two "bars" either side of the screw holes.

pete

pete

Hmmm... the instructions definately say to attached the mount bar to the rings. The mount bar (the little bit) also fits with the tightening screws on the mount head...

*edit* Its OK I have tried the rings without the other bit and all seems to be well.. Thanks for your help guys :lol:

Good news. The problem with fitting the dovetail to the clamshell, I think you could only attach it with a single 1/4" UNC thread bold, and that's not going to hold the scope still. It's doable on a camera tripod as the tripod head has a rubberised top that helps it grip, and it's not like it'll end up in funny angles (in theory :lol:)...

Which mount did you get ? I think normal tube rings would attach onto the ends of that dovetail bar. I did get a dovetail included with my mount, so it's possible it's a normal thing for Skywatcher to do.

Thanks Adam :lol: I managed to get it sorted. I was following the instructions by the letter and thats how I got confused. Not the greatest of instructions I have to say. Anyways All is well now :blob8: I just hope the new scope curse doesn't last too long :)

Archived