SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Optolong ultra-narrowband filters

DaveS

12 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Still a fair bit cheaper than Chroma or Astrodon.

Need to see actual results, and whether the images are actually halo free in all scenarios.  If Baader can’t deliver halo-free, I’ll be surprised if Optolong can, but who knows!

Having said that I found my previous Optolong NB filters excellent performers.  

Like with everything in life and especially in our hobby there is alway something new and expensive coming . However, the best things are for free if available, like dark sites. 

Narrowband (at least as I see it) are good in light pollution situation and they reveal the details in images that would be hard to see otherwise. There is price that we pay, part in it in money, part in other aspects of image (like the fidelity of colors , especially the stars)

Still , filters of any kind are not the (full)  replacement for really dark sites... 

BtW Ido have Antlia 3nm SHO set and am very happy with them. Did not try it on really bright stars yet though. few images at 

https://www.astrobin.com/users/Stefek/

Edited by Stefek