Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASI 2600 What temp are you running?

simmo39

Well my camera has arrived { thanks FLO } I have been doing a bit of reading on what the settings are best to start off at. I see a lot use gain of 100 with a 50 offset but as for temp settings I have seen everything from 0 to -20 but most at -10. I run my ASI 1600 at -20 but what the best for the ASI 2600? Your thoughts please'

Thanks

Edited by simmo39

6200 or 2600?

It's starting to get confusing with all those numbers :D

In any case, I'd say - go with lowest number you can maintain in your conditions. Do remember that each camera has deltaT and you'll only achieve in best conditions - ambient - deltaT.

If you do your darks indoors where you have say 25°C and you have only 35°C deltaT - then I would go for -5°C as my target temperature. This is because I like to round things to nearest 5° and in all likelihood 25°C - 35°C = -10°C will be hard to maintain as it is right at the edge of what cooling can do - so next 5°C step is used at -5°C.

Keep in mind that you'll probably need to have set of summer and winter darks, and if you want to only use one set - go with summer darks as you won't be able to achieve lower temperatures in summer than in winter - but it will be easy doing other way around.

Also - take into account ambient for shooting of calibration frames - if you can shoot in colder environment (basement or observatory) - then adjust above to suit you.

There is no "preferred" temperature setting - lower is better - just make sure it works for you with respect to being able to achieve and hold that temperature for both imaging session and calibration frames.

• simmo39 changed the title to ASI 2600 What temp are you running?
4 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

6200 or 2600?

It's starting to get confusing with all those numbers :D

In any case, I'd say - go with lowest number you can maintain in your conditions. Do remember that each camera has deltaT and you'll only achieve in best conditions - ambient - deltaT.

If you do your darks indoors where you have say 25°C and you have only 35°C deltaT - then I would go for -5°C as my target temperature. This is because I like to round things to nearest 5° and in all likelihood 25°C - 35°C = -10°C will be hard to maintain as it is right at the edge of what cooling can do - so next 5°C step is used at -5°C.

Keep in mind that you'll probably need to have set of summer and winter darks, and if you want to only use one set - go with summer darks as you won't be able to achieve lower temperatures in summer than in winter - but it will be easy doing other way around.

Also - take into account ambient for shooting of calibration frames - if you can shoot in colder environment (basement or observatory) - then adjust above to suit you.

There is no "preferred" temperature setting - lower is better - just make sure it works for you with respect to being able to achieve and hold that temperature for both imaging session and calibration frames.

Lol, my mistake. shouldnt type when drinking brandy!  Its the 2600. Thanks for the pointers Vlaiv, think iI will go with the -10 for starters.