NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Some more Spaghetti

tomato

I was able to image clear of the moon on Saturday evening, even in the aftermath of storm Arwen, I like Pulsar Domes. I ran a 4 panel mosaic of Sh2-240 set up in the NINA planning tool, using the RASA8/QHY268c/NBZ. Unfortunately when APP came to compose the mosaic, it stopped after two panels, and would not go beyond this point despite my best efforts. With nothing to lose I added in the data from a two panel effort done previously and then APP was happy to combine all 6. It turns out the 4 panels taken on Saturday overlapped 10% on the short side, but there was a 10% gap on the long side. Fortunately my other 2 panels overlapped the 4 so I ended up with a complete nebula. 

Processing was done in PI making full use of the EZ suite of scripts and Starnet to control the stars and allow aggressive processing of the nebula component. Then a lot of time was spent experimenting with AP's Astrophotography Remove Background tool, but I could only go so far, zoom in and you could skin your knuckles on the background.

I have also employed another dodge(bodge). By placing a roughly circular nebula in a square FOV, you can use the Windows Photo Vignette tool to great effect to make the corners look better without impacting on the subject too much.

Anyway this is 9.2 hrs of data, thanks for looking.

Image31APv2GNR.thumb.jpg.e7a66d715d126e393a4f743adcd99fd8.jpg 

• Like 26

8 hours ago, Tom OD said:

I like the blue tendrills.

Tom

Thanks, strange that they do not appear (visually at least) to be  more evenly distributed across the nebula, although I guess longer integration times would reveal more?