NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Galaxy Hunting

spudicus

Hi All,

It's looking like another nice night here so I'm going to have a crack at finding my first Galaxy. Turn left at Orion gives M31 a really high score so I'll go for that one I think.

Here's hoping it stays clear and my hunting skills are up to the challenge. If I get lucky I'll write a report.

Spud

I didn't get to see Andromeda tonight. It's just out of my line of sight but it was an excellent evening nonetheless. I managed to find M15 which really impressed me! At low mag it looked really cool. I also spent a great deal of the night naked!!! Have no fear I wasn't 'Tackle Out' it was the naked eye!

It took me ages to find The Great Square as in my book its only 2 inches wide, and I hit one of those mental blocks where I couldn't get my head round the size of something. I found it eventually by mentally firing the arrow of Sagitta Eastward, and then stood there mouth agape, towel on head and skinny legs rooted to the spot as I realised why they call it Great!

I also had a superb moment when a satellite passed through my view of M13. I stood up, looked skyward and just as I said 'Wow' a meteor flashed across my view.

Fantastic nights viewing all in all, and the Bringer of War gets closer by the day...

Archived