Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bubble and Lobster Claw

mackiedlm

The weather has been so awful here I was not sure I'd remember how to do this AP thing!

But I got out last Sunday and got a whole night - split between 2 targets -of course the moon was nearly full! Is it ever any different?

So this was about 5 hours of 180s subs with the ASI2600MC, the SW 80ED and the L-eNhance. Framing is not brilliant but I wanted to get both M52 and NGC 7538 in the image and could not be bothered faffing around with rotate/platesolve/rotate  - that always take me about 20 goes to get it right 

First as a straight RGB image,

RGB_PI_ss_PS.thumb.png.949eb49a0c69999eaa88c8280518259a.png

then processed as HOO

HOO_PIr_ss_PS.thumb.png.59a000e0f2143f342b6ecc55a16bb4b9.png

C&C Very welcome

• Like 14

4 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Very nice, you did well to get anything considering the how bright the moon was.

Thanks Richard. Yes moon was bright alright - but the sky was pretty clear so that helps. You know yourself, any high haze with that much moon and its as well to pack up. And without the l-enhance I'd not even bother setting up.