NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Evostar-72ED for a beginner?

On 23/11/2021 at 11:21, Jakelol said:

I want to use the AZ-GTi goto so bigger telescope is not an option if i want to take some random photos with a DSLR because im not sure the mount will handle that much weight. I was told by a retailer here in Sweden that the 72ED plus a small DSLR like the Canon 2000D would be almost maximum the AZ-GTi would handle.

I have my sw 72ed on an AzGti mount albeit in eq mode using 2 sw star adventurer weights with my Canon 600D and have had great tracking and guiding with my AAP, so your impending setup should cope admirably with the weight. One bit of advice, I'd definitely update the AzGti firmware. Clear skies 

IMG_20210810_120401.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Thanks 1

On 22/11/2021 at 03:32, Jakelol said:

Will the Evostar-72ED be good for a beginner to use only for visuals and a AZ-GTi mount to go with that (because im lazy and want goto)? Ofcourse i also need to buy a diagonal, eyepiece and a finder .

Im thinking that if i get this setup i can start doing photography after a year or so with that setup if i feel the need to?

I've been using one for about 8 months and I LOVE IT.  it's got a great FL for Nebulas.  (here are some of my shots https://www.instagram.com/ghostofrecon/)
I highly recommend getting a flattener tho.  I actually use the flattener for the 100ed (just needs a cheap as crap adaptor).  

5 hours ago, ghostofrecon said:

I've been using one for about 8 months and I LOVE IT.  it's got a great FL for Nebulas.  (here are some of my shots https://www.instagram.com/ghostofrecon/)
I highly recommend getting a flattener tho.  I actually use the flattener for the 100ed (just needs a cheap as crap adaptor).  

Really good photos Im for sure getting one.

Yesterday i joints my local astronomy club and when there the same day and met a lot of really friendly people.