Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DSLR Focus Camera Connection Problems

gfletcher

Hi Guys

After taking my first set of images last night thro my 300D using DSLR Focus, taking inside to stack and process etc, i then went out again to start imaging but when i tried to use DSLR Focus againi set up the com port ok, but when i tried to connect the camera, instead of EOS Rebel KISS coming up the communications setting said "none"

What has happened?

I have tried many times this morning but to no avail, the communications setting still says "none"

When i just try connecting my camera to the laptop, nothing happens, what could this mean ?

Graham

If you use a laptop with a serial to USB adaptor it could be the comms settings have changed!

You can get different settings by connecting USB stuff to different ports on the PC.

Check the device manager "comms settings" and see which ones are being used; you may be able to work it out from there.

Been there, done that!

Hope this helps!

Hi Graham

Have the settings on the camera been changed at all?

It should be set to "PC Connection" and not "Print/PTP.

I am not sure if the camera defaults to the Print/PTP setting if the battery is disconnected.

Hope this helps...

Archived