Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A very symmetric moon and a few others

Kon

I did not expect to do much seeing last night with clouds coming fast and thick. I left my Dob out and tried to do some seeing as I was getting some clear spells. What really drew my attention last night was the moon and location of Jupiter 'above' it. I started with the 'half' moon. Somehow the position of the equator gave an elegant appearance along it. I used my 8.8mm EP and fantastic amount of details on the craters. I spent more time observing N (Dob view); less amount of craters that were easier to follow. I then took a look at Jupiter and I was quite surprised that nice equatorial bands were seen despite the presence of the moon out.  Clouds came in and I waited until 12am or so. The sky had really cleared. I looked at pleiades with some nebulosity around some of the stars. I finished with Orion. I spent a few minutes observing the orange colour of Betelgeuse before moving to M42. The nebulosity was nice with filaments but mostly greenish/greyish this time. I felt a bit underwhelmed considering my OWO observation the other night (I think it will be hard to replicate soon). 

Quite pleased with getting some observing done. I think my highlight was the moon and its apparent symmetry along the equator.

• Like 1