NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bodge job 70mm achro white light

neil phillips

Cant quite get the idea to work. working at F13 with a Sky watcher capricorn 70mm achromatic refractor. And cheap plastic Baarder visual film filter. Having to build a mosaic at this focal length. Manually aligned. overlap causing problems.  missed a small bit on the mosaic filled in. 

If i could get the technique to work it would be ok probably. But its a nightmare. Still the best ive done so far. SW 70mm F12.9 achromatic refractor. ZWO 178m camera UV IR Cut

ONE (2).png

N2 (2).png

LAST 3 (3).png

fin.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 10

11 minutes ago, callisto said:

Those are nice and crisp Neil 👍

Mark

My laptop doesnt have a high nit brightness. Cant get use to focusing  in glaring light on a low brightness screen. Very different to lunar and planetary. Certainly more difficult 

But dont think i am that far off. Cheers Mark

On 09/11/2021 at 17:15, neil phillips said:

Cant quite get the idea to work. working at F13 with a Sky watcher capricorn 70mm achromatic refractor. And cheap plastic Baarder visual film filter. Having to build a mosaic at this focal length. Manually aligned. overlap causing problems.  missed a small bit on the mosaic filled in. 

If i could get the technique to work it would be ok probably. But its a nightmare. Still the best ive done so far. SW 70mm F12.9 achromatic refractor. ZWO 178m camera UV IR Cut

ONE (2).png

N2 (2).png

LAST 3 (3).png

fin.png

These are excellent images Neil. Very sharp spots and some surface detail too.

40 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

These are excellent images Neil. Very sharp spots and some surface detail too.

Thanks the biggest problem i have is building mosaics at F13. ICE wont register them because the detail is too fine. So i used imerge which again is difficult as the overlap often shows. (not here) what helped is 3 spots spaced out to register part of the image. The more bland the features, the more difficult it is to align on imerge. Also need to perfect the balance which was a bit rushed. Hope to present one sometime in the future at full size. Never going to look as good as the guys doing HA. But starting to enjoy trying simple white light with simple equipment. Maybe i should try Baarder photographic film it might help ? 

Edited by neil phillips