Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 891

Rodd

I am shocked.  This was an experiment that I think looks pretty good.  The colors are not correct because the image only contains data from the red and green filters.  I collected the green last night and got impatient because tonight clouds prevented me from collecting the blue, so I experimented with combining the data in different ways.  This one consists of red to the red channel, red and green to the green channel, and green to the blue channel.  It was collected with the C11Edge reduced .7x and the ASI 1600.  I do plan on collecting a proper blue channel, as well as additional and better green and some Ha.  Meanwhile--a little creativity provides for a view of a very nice dust lane.  A hint of what's to come, perhaps.  The moral of the story is when you only have two filters worth of data, and rain is forecasted for a fortnight, all is not lost.  You can get a taste to hold you over.  

Red 113 120 sec and 100 10 sec

green 62 120 sec

Image30a.thumb.jpg.50f3580d7e78c5085a2c080d0a4e416c.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, daz said:

That dust lane is looking great Rodd! Looking forward to the finished RGB!

Thanks DAZ--finished collecting Lum last night.  But tonight I am supposed to get 4/5 seeing and clear skies, so I might redo the Lum and add Ha.  Its always hard for me to refrain from starting a new project...so many jewels to choose from.  Then again redoing the lum might be a waste of time.  Ha would be good though.  Unfortunately I do not have the advantage of having a master Lum stack to compare as I have not yet provcessed the Blue and Lum.  I do know the Lum FWHM was lower than the RGB--but if tonight really is 4/5--It would be an opportunity to max out the resolution of the dust lane.  Discessions, decisions

Edited by Rodd