Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 - triangulum galaxy

jacko61

First attempt at M33 in only the second clear night I've had since the start of September. Saturday night was a catalogue of errors - firstly, my iPolar wouldn't connect even though I tried 3 cables (found on Sunday to have been some new driver downloads waiting on windows 10 - not sure how they would have broken the existing drivers but it's working now).  Then I found my Advance GT alignment was way off and it was taking ages to get the alignment sorted - AND - once it was lined up, the power lead fell out as it had been dislodged while I was faffing with the iPolar.  Eventually got everything working though - However, for some reason I had the gain on the ASI533MC-pro set to 150 (no idea how that happened) and I think that's the reason some of the stars look blown out - could also be my processing skills :)  Next clear night I'll try again with longer subs at 100 gain.  And finally, I had to bin half my subs as the clouds had rolled in while I was inside keeping warm. 

M33 - William OPtics ZS73 with flat73r , Asi533MC - pro.  Guided with WO uniguide and ASI290mm mini in PHD2. APT, DSS and GIMP.  

Graeme

m33 copy.jpg

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...