Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A Quick Heart with the RASA8

Catanonia

Skies have been awful recently in the NW of UK and one of the reasons I got the RASA8, to make use of the limited clear hours I do get.

Last night there was a 3 hour window and I managed to grab 2 hours of data with the RASA8 and ZWO 2600 MC Pro in 2 min subs

The lEnhance filter is perfect for my Bortle 6 skies, gets rid of the LP I do have, whilst allowing the HA to come through. The lExtreme would be overkill for me and would remove too much HA.

So very happy now with the RASA, certainly does what I want it to, grab quick images as and when the skies allow in the damp and miserable NW of UK.

Hope you like.

IC 1805.jpg

Edited by Catanonia
  • Like 8

15 minutes ago, heliumstar said:

I am poor at judging the quality of astro photos but this looks very good to me!

What mount are you using with your RASA 8?

An old NEQ6 Pro  (not the new one with the handle). It is in serious need of a tune or replacing.

Was guided with a ZWO mini guide scope and ASI AIR Pro

17 minutes ago, megrez said:

Amazing. That RASA8 is certainly a good scope for the limited observing time that we get here in the UK. I really must save up for one.

Certainly well worth the £1900 for the image time / quality you get with it.

But you really need to match it with an APC sensor, that adds some more wonga to the ticket.