Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Collimator problems

Hi everyone been some time since i was last here..Ive changed the scopes I had back thenall my Tal scopes have gone to different owners... I now have a 130 mm skywatcher dob and a skywatcher 130 skyscan..I have tried collimating them both using a laser collimator and a cross air type one to but I`m not getting them right, I do everything as it shows me even watched youtube vids and still the collimating is slighty out..I`ve just sent now for a collimator cap hoping that will help..If anyone can help it will be muchly appreciated I`m stumped as I cant use the reflewctor type so I`m having to lug my big gun around the Skywatcner 150n refractor the oder Blue model as its so big  its more like a canon lol but as much as i love it , I dont want to be lugging this around all the time at my age lol ..thankyou in advance Phil

A lot of laser collimators especially the cheaper ones need collimating. Collimating is like riding a bike once you do it you will find it much easier every time. Once you have collimated the secondary you will not need to touch that again unless you drop the OTA or bang it hard. 

Take your time follow these pictures and you will get it Astrobaby`s is very good I used both when I first tried.  If you have the Cheshire/ Sight-tube if you pull the Cheshire up just enough to just see the secondary you can get that at its roundest which is what you want then the collimation screws will get the tilt right to see the primary mirror clips.

I hope this helps.

Collimating my dob 1.jpg

Collimating my dob 10.jpg

Collimating my dob 11.jpg

Collimating my dob 12.jpg

Collimating my dob 13.jpg

Collimating my dob 14.jpg

Collimating my dob 15.jpg

Collimating my dob 2.jpg

Collimating my dob 2a.jpg

Collimating my dob 3.jpg

Collimating my dob 4.jpg