Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Autumn Equinox Star Party: Observing at Kelling

MarkRadice

Clear skies at Autumn Equinox star party at Kelling Heath with many wonderful observers and stunning telescopes. That being said, my dew heaters were glowing as they battled the humidity. And I can't believe I missed the trade stands as my brain melted with a migraine!

If you haven't been to a star party, it is thoroughly recommended.

Great fun and looking forward to April 2022's spring event.

Lots of objects observed through scopes from 80mm aperture to 450mm and 500mm – and an amazing pair of 7-inch Mak binos. 

Sketches are of the Cygnus Wall in the N America nebula and the Sword of Orion through a (borrowed) 80mm. 

https://youtu.be/zZuwxPZbpp8

Martin Lewis Observing with Orion.jpg

Orion Rising.jpg

Under MW.jpg

IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

• Like 16

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/10/2021 at 21:02, MarkRadice said:

If you haven't been to a star party, it is thoroughly recommended.

Great fun and looking forward to April 2022's spring event.

I really must go to one of these. I have tried twice last year or two and first one cancelled because of flooding and the second due to covid restrictions.
When can you book for the spring event , I would love to go.
I does worry me a bit about accidently opening a campervan door before turning light off and having the whole field around shouting Lights Out" but hopefully I will be okay 🙂 

Steve

On 20/10/2021 at 16:45, wookie1965 said:

loved that 20" with plate solving

I have some more footage of that, Wookie, to put together and publish later in November. 

On 28/10/2021 at 19:03, Swithin StCleeve said:

Love that drawing kit! 

Ah thanks! It’s so nice to simplify and enjoy looking at the night sky isn’t it?

On 28/10/2021 at 19:21, teoria_del_big_bang said:

I really must go to one of these

They’re great fun. Go for it. Thoroughly recommended - although we were lucky with the weather. I still have my booking from April 2021 that has now slipped to next year so I guess they’re open for April bookings. And yes you have to be careful with white lights - although only if it’s clear of course. Our friends have blackout blinds in their caravan so that they don’t spill from the inside. 

• Thanks 1