Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

East Veil Newbie Edition

Ohgodwherediditgo

This was not the intended target for the evening, but after a rocky start due to guiding issues, I pointed to the East Veil Nebula at 23:30 and tried to salvage something from the session.

Vixen VC200L @ F9 + modded Canon 1000D.

ISO 200 for 40 x 120sec subs, dithered every 3 frames.

I used ISO 200 after my initial attempt on the Pac Man Nebula at ISO 800 seemed to have over exposed stars. I am fairly happy with the exposure of stars, not so much the shape. This is only my second image and I'm still learning the processing basics but any constructive criticism is welcome .

1269868419_Veilprocessed1.thumb.jpg.c1570bf8aed121d5ef2a7a5f9ed44702.jpg

• Like 1

Well done too.

All I would say is get some flat frames too, they'll remove the vignette and any dust bunnies, makes processing easier too.

I hate the chore of taking light flats so try and keep my configuration the same for a number of sessions so that one well produced master flat can be used on more than one session. They are by far the most important calibration frames. 

So my camera stays attached to the scope without rotating it in the focuser between sessions. If you rotate the camera to frame a new subject then you need flats specific to that camera rotation angle.