Two moons on Jupiter

jacko61

Jupiter from last night. The shadows of Ganymede and Callisto were very prominent. Admittedly not the best image but I'm still learning. Best 30% of 3000 frames taken using my C8 and ASI533MC pro.  Captured in Sharpcap, Stacked in Autostakkert and processed in Registax.  Seeing wasn't particualrly stable so I wasn't able to use a barlow. 

Graeme

jupiter 4 10 21.jpg

• Like 13

Hi,

By chance I was also looking at Jupiter and just caught the two moon shadows as seen below. I was primarily setup simply to practice my imaging as I am still very new to the imaging aspect of astronomy.

The equipment I used was a Tal100RS refractor with a DIY focus pro electronic focuser, /Celestron X-cell 2x barlow and a Zwo ASI-224MC. I stacked the top 5% of 4000 images.

It was only during the processing that I noticed that you can also see two of the moons as well as the shadows of Ganymede and Calisto. 

2021-10-04-1959_3-Jupiter with Calisto and Ganymede shadows.bmp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IDM said:

Hi,

By chance I was also looking at Jupiter and just caught the two moon shadows as seen below. I was primarily setup simply to practice my imaging as I am still very new to the imaging aspect of astronomy.

Nice image - also highlights the fact that I need to flip mine vertically :)

Graeme (ex Blyth lad BTW :) )

• Like 1