Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Big Favour - Dataset required for TYC 237-901-1

daz

Hi all

Am hoping someone in the Southern Hemisphere can help...

Am after a data set centered on the star TYC 237-901-1 (Gaia DR2 3834246880008018944) in Sextans - LRGB plus calibration frames.

There are a couple of nice looking NGCs in the wider field (NGC3042 and NGC3043) which would be great if they could be included, but the star is the main focus (It's for a friend at work, his Father in law passed recently and they bought a star deed. He is hoping to get an image for his wife....)

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm no real help but after spending some hours searching for the actual star I find it is probably TYC 0237-904-1

Not an easy find but got there in the end. I'm sure you'll already have a catalogue image but on the off chance that it's helpful, I grabbed the SIMBAD image, scaled to include the wider field galaxies. It's not actually too bad but full of artifacts. I guess you wanted a proper data set to make a nice custom image...

In another month or so that part of the sky will be reasonably accessible from the UK in the early hours.

http://simbad.u-strasbg.fr/simbad/sim-id?Ident=%401659735&Name=TYC 237-904-1&submit=submit

image.thumb.png.df03741d8b55637780f1871d2d38e8d0.png

Thanks Paul

You helped in the fact you are correct on the star!!! Fat fingers from the keyboard operator!

I was hoping to avoid the need to relocate the scope to get a better horizon (my house is in the way!!) - but I've just remembered I'm going to Kelling for Winterfest in December, so will pray to all the Deities of Clear Skies that the clouds stay away!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, daz said:

I'm going to Kelling for Winterfest in December, so will pray to all the Deities of Clear Skies that the clouds stay away!!

Fingers crossed!

It would be nice to see your image if you do get one. In the meantime I'll have a go myself if I get an opportunity. Having looked for it all afternoon I feel I have a connection to this unassuming star now! :)