Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO EAF Versions / Revisions.

Hi,

Could someone tell me if there are multiple versions or revisions of the ZWO EAF and what the differences are please. I am looking to buy one to automate my setup.

Thanks.

Edited by Skyline

2 minutes ago, Mike73 said:

I think their are only two versions, one which needs 12v and the newer one which needs a 5v supply

That’s correct. However, the 12v version is discontinued. You might find it in the 2nd hand market. 
Personally I’d recommend the 5v version since you’ll have just one cable (the 12v model needs a power adapter apart from the usb data cable).

HTH

• 4 weeks later...

You can also buy a hand controller that just plugs into a port on the side of the EAF.

I just got my EAF, Controller and temperature sensor delivered today, it was a bit of a faff fitting it as I had to modify the mounting plate slightly to get the screws to align but it’s up and running now.

I just need a clear night to try it out but I think I’ve more chance of winning the lottery than that at the moment here in North Yorkshire.

Edited by BobInYorkshire