Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Vixen Polarie Star Tracker

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows whether any of the Skywatcher/ Celestron or any other Polar scope will fit the vixen Polarie sky tracker? as i really don't want to be paying close to £300 for the Vixen one 😮

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 01/12/2021 at 22:49, heathenwoods said:

Hi, just curious if you worked out a solution for this? I'm....alarmed at the cost of the official polarscope!

Apologies for a slow response. Having looked at the workings of the Vixen polar scope I don't think there is a solution as there is no way to rotate the mount, as you would do on an equatorial, to align the graticule to the correct hour angle. Vixen's polar scope has the adjustment knobs to rotate the graticule without needing to rotate the mount. Looks like for accurate polar alignment the Vixen polar scope is required. For wide field photography I find the peep hole alignment is sufficient, but for long focal lengths I guess its you pays your money and takes your choice!

Edited by Varavall
Spelling
  • Like 1