Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

phenix acros

hi

first of all thanks to all who replied to my last questions..things have changed the tal i was after is now sold so now plan B.... Has any one used a phenix scope?again they are chinese origin..price is good under £300 for 127 f12 but how does it perform there are a couple of reviews they are all good ... or would i be better persuing another tal scope

If it's the refractors you mean then I think they are 127mm F/9.4 - 1200mm focal length. I've heard quite good things about them as well. The weakest point of the scope seems to be the focusser which can be a bit rough and sloppy but that can be replaced.

As a fan of refractors I've often considered them in the past but I've never actually taken the plunge !. I guess they would need a fairly hefty mount because of the long tube - more solid than the one they are supplied on I suspect.

Perhaps others who have actually used one will chip in soon.

John

Archived