Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ngc 281

alacant

IMG_20210920_171158.thumb.jpg.9a571051df6f9eeafa7c41311141021e.jpg

Hi everyone

95% moon and once again it was filtro UHC to the rescue. The processing did reveal some gradient, strangely though emanating from two opposing edges. There maybe some reflection somewhere in the tube. Must get some of that velvety stuff.

I don't know if it helped noise wise, but we split the red and green and fed them into StarTools as HOO. The bg seems high too. Not sure...

Thanks for looking and do post your dslr full moon shots. No need to keep stuff packed away just because there's a bright moon. Well, we don't think so anyway.

** A snap from Burnham, 1966. Love the old fotos. Stars in the same places!

700d on gso203    ~4 hours @ ISO800

610044706_1-281(1)_01_01.thumb.jpg.54cd4774bcbadf593ba43931f5653b45.jpg

**EDIT

Tried separating the red and green in Siril instead (previously, gimp 2.10).

Seems to push the stars into insignificance. A pity, as the detail seems better:

1381913066_2-281(1)_01.thumb.jpg.c1c5c6121d3265ae66af70e4f0a29bb6.jpg

Edited by alacant
  • Like 9

Your images always give me hope that Startools is the right thing to use, I just need to be able to use it properly!

Got some new dithered data on my heart nebula, not having much luck with it. Its gotten rid of the walking noise, but still very noisy, could only get an hour though before clouds rolled it. Just experimenting now stacking it with old data.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grant93 said:

stacking it with old data

Hi

JTOL: try just the dithered frames too?

I think that you're gonna need at least 2 hours of dithered frames to be able to bring the second and any subsequent Autodev(s)to where you'd like it.

Post the data if you like.

Cheers

32 minutes ago, alacant said:

Hi

JTOL: try just the dithered frames too?

I think that you're gonna need at least 2 hours of dithered frames to be able to bring the second and any subsequent Autodev(s)to where you'd like it.

Post the data if you like.

Cheers

Messaged as didnt want to overtake your post :)

Cheers