Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HitecAstro DC Focus V2

tich

I've seen one of those on FLO which has peaked my interest as I already own a skywatcher autofocuser, I do have a system for it that works on a pc but the driver is only 32 bit so doesn't work with NINA although I can use it via the computer to focus with its own software.
Does anyone know if these will work through a pc as an autofocuser in NINA particularly or would I be better off saving my money & getting a system that uses stepper motors like a ZWO EAF?

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/astronomy-cables-leads-accessories/hitecastro-dc-focus-controller.html

1 hour ago, tich said:

I've seen one of those on FLO which has peaked my interest as I already own a skywatcher autofocuser, I do have a system for it that works on a pc but the driver is only 32 bit so doesn't work with NINA although I can use it via the computer to focus with its own software.
Does anyone know if these will work through a pc as an autofocuser in NINA particularly or would I be better off saving my money & getting a system that uses stepper motors like a ZWO EAF?

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/astronomy-cables-leads-accessories/hitecastro-dc-focus-controller.html

Tbh I wouldn’t bother too cumbersome, I’d go for personally an deepskydad AF3  £150 works on ascom and indigo drivers or an Zwo Eaf  both units more compact and the newer Eaf works on 5v I believe, and sell the skywatcher (btw I do know someone looking for a skywatcher autofocuser I believe he still looking )