Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Why does my camera change from Bulb to numbers

Taff

Hi John' it goes P, TV, AV, M, A-DEP.I did'nt touch none of the others only M on the camera but after each capture i at to reset the camera back to the setting Bulb.But when i have used the camera just on the tripod the camera stays on bulb when taken 20sec captures.Mark

John's right ,that doesn't sound right at all. To aid you it would help if you could tell us as much as poss about any s/w you were using/remote control/settings etc....

I'm sure I had something similar with DSLRFocus-can't remember exactly, but I think I had inadvertently changed the window via the lappy's touch pad ,cos the exp window was still highlighted-DOH

took me a while to figure out.

Karlo

Mark, are you using the same software setup when you have the camera on a tripod or are you using a remote trigger ? If you only use the software when at prime, then there's something odd going on in the software. I'm afraid I'll have to duck out at that point, as I don't use software for driving my camera.

I have to admit Taff I don't use MaxDL or MaxDSLR for the 300D cos I had alot of problems with it.

Over time I've resolved some issues with DSLRFocus too and that seems to be working fine now.

If the problem lies with Maxim and the 300D then I too might have to duck out due to an almost total lack of experience with it. Does sound like a S/w glitch though.

The more you can tell us though the better.:(

Karlo

Archived