What to set "Flip if HA >" to

The observatory machine isn't powered up at the moment, but I think I have mine set to something like "Flip if HA > 0.2 hours", so it should flip after the first sub or two once the target as crossed the meridian (depending on my sub lengths).

James

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JamesF said:

The observatory machine isn't powered up at the moment, but I think I have mine set to something like "Flip if HA > 0.2 hours", so it should flip after the first sub or two once the target as crossed the meridian (depending on my sub lengths).

James

Yes that makes sense to me now, I am sure mine was 0.15 hours, I just couldn't remember what logic I used to set it and whether I did it in degrees or hours, but that sort of brings it back as I think mine was the same sort of logic behind it assuming subs would be on average between 5 and 20 mins.

Steve

You should definitely set it a fair bit past the meridian, or ekos may flip back during the post flip platesolve. This has happened to me. Check first how far past the meridian your telescope can move without hitting anything (at any declination, remembering that 15 degrees correspond to one hour). Then set it to something inbetween the meridian and that value. I have set mine at about 20 - 30 minutes, even though I never have subs that are that long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1