Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cygnus Wall from the city centre...

AMcD

An image of the Cygnus Wall in NGC7000 taken from Worcester city centre with a QHY8 and an Optolong L-Extreme filter using a TS 152 achromatic refractor mounted on a Losmandy G11.  Three and a half hours of 5 min subframes.  Acquired using SGPro, guided using PHD2, stacked in DSS and processed in Photoshop.  Constructive criticism very welcome...

Cygnus-Wall-27.8_21.thumb.jpg.194b3d27194e8d64c3f4ea8ce4b9f577.jpg

• Like 9

There's some good detail in there! It looks quite purple / pink, it might be worth adjusting the colours slightly? Unless that's the look you're going for :) A longer integration time would help to reduce noise levels too. It's a good shot though, and as a fellow city-imager I appreciate the added challenges that brings 😅

Many thanks for the feedback Lee, which is much appreciated.  I am planning further integrations tonight if the forecast clear skies arrive after midnight to combine with my current data.  With respect to the colour, I find the question objective "truth" versus subjective preference one of the hardest to answer when processing.  This version represents my subjective preference.  I will play around with the colour again once I have more data.  Finally, it has just occurred to me that the picture rather resembles a Labrador looking up, lovingly, at its owner...😃  Thanks again for the comments.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AMcD said:

Finally, it has just occurred to me that the picture rather resembles a Labrador looking up, lovingly, at its owner...😃  

Now I'll never see this as anything else 😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, AMcD said:

Many thanks for the feedback Lee, which is much appreciated.  I am planning further integrations tonight if the forecast clear skies arrive after midnight to combine with my current data.  With respect to the colour, I find the question objective "truth" versus subjective preference one of the hardest to answer when processing.  This version represents my subjective preference.  I will play around with the colour again once I have more data.  Finally, it has just occurred to me that the picture rather resembles a Labrador looking up, lovingly, at its owner...😃  Thanks again for the comments.

That resemblance is indeed uncanny 😊