SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Autostakkert keeps producing these artifacts on Jupiter.

I am not sure these are compression artefacts. I sometimes get these at times of bad seeing. I would in any case start by adding RGB alignment, which does not seem to be switched on. Furthermore, trying various sizes of APs helps, as does reducing the the percentage of images to stack. Sometimes it helps to first process in PIPP, to do an initial alignment of the frames and a coarse selection of the frames to stack

16 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

I am not sure these are compression artefacts. I sometimes get these at times of bad seeing. I would in any case start by adding RGB alignment, which does not seem to be switched on. Furthermore, trying various sizes of APs helps, as does reducing the the percentage of images to stack. Sometimes it helps to first process in PIPP, to do an initial alignment of the frames and a coarse selection of the frames to stack

It has already been run through PIPP, will try the RBG alignment, normally I do it in registax but I have never had this problem before, the seeing was alright too.