NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Just before the transit.......

chiltonstar

Jupiter with a tiddly 7" (180 Mak) just before the Io transit on the 13th Aug. (I was all set up for the actual transit but a Windows 10 update, an antivirus update and a routine scan all managed to crash the laptop so I watched it through the EP instead. AS1224 colour camera, ADC, 3000/15000 frames derotated.

Chris

J130821.png

Edited by chiltonstar
  • Like 11

I'd be happy to get that with my 10" Newt!

Planetary imaging continues to elude my evolving skill set :(

Is it just my imagination or is the GRS becoming more prominent once again? It's showing up nicely on this seasons offerings here on SGL :) 

• Thanks 1

It really irritates me that you seemingly cannot "hold off" these updates etc until you've done what you wanted to get done. Generally you think "I want to do this or that" NOW, you switch the computer on, and either you cannot because it's doing its update, or more often it's doing it in the background, killing everything else and you can't understand why it's suddenly so slow.  Then it dawns. For my frequency of use of my PC, it happens perhaps 25% of the times I switch it on. As I said, it REALLY irritates me. Mac OSX allows you to choose when you update.

Rant over, sorry, very nice image and (or course) scope, Magnus

2 minutes ago, Captain Magenta said:

It really irritates me that you seemingly cannot "hold off" these updates etc until you've done what you wanted to get done

Indeed. :(

I've always said that if Windows spent as much time looking at my keyboard as it does gazing at its navel then it'd be real good!

My imaging PC gets switched on frequently even, like now, there hasn't been and there is no hope of a clear sky very frequently. Just to keep on top of updates. 

st