SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M16 in "Natural" Narrowband

AndysAstroPix

Imagine imaging DSO's with a One Shot or DSLR colour camera but with the added detail of Narrowband. :) 

Here we have my interpretation of the classic M16 a "natural" palette, with the Sii on a 'ultrared', Ha in red and Oiii in green and blue channels with RGB star colours.

I used a few masks to bring as much LUM detail from the HA & S2 to the pillars themselves, turned out ok considering my location!

Approx 11 hrs of data from with processing inspired by Jose Carballada.
Taken from my light polluted suburban backyard, Bortle 7 - Lockdown #6 (yes 6!) Melbourne, Australia. 🇦🇺

ASTROBIN VERSION

PS: Took a while to get the data for this one as Kstars/Ekos/Stellarmate & I have been mutually respective adversaries for a year now, since Lockdown#1.

Despite various crashes & bugs, overall it's been pretty awesome using automation & most of the issues were caused by user error ie: mine!

After the latest upgrade to SM 1:5:9, I couldn't get plate solving to work. Many wasted nights later I reached out to Jasem (the software developer) in Kuwait.

He solved them personally by team viewer last week!
Seems I was missing two critical index files that I hadn't downloaded, which for reasons of size, weren't included in the system upgrade.

Jasem patiently worked it though & tested it all with me for 2-3 hours, at no charge. All fixed now, I'm a happy guy again - how's that for service? 😇

I've since purchased a second card to loaded up with all these correct settings as a backup! 

NaturalNB_RGB_AB.jpg

• Like 26

Hi Andy!

Lovely detail , there is so much going on! It’s  an interesting take on the colour palette and I like it!

It’s way too low for me to capture unfortunately but I love to see images of it and this is one of the most detailed ones I’ve seen!

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

This is what I love about this hobby.... there are so many options that we can experiment with... no need to be stuck to only RGB or LRGB, SHO or HOO... it's all fun.

Yep, exactly, I also made am HST version, but I felt it was to "Vanilla" so chose to stay with this one - Cheers! 👍

22 minutes ago, assouptro said:

Hi Andy!

Lovely detail , there is so much going on! It’s  an interesting take on the colour palette and I like it!

It’s way too low for me to capture unfortunately but I love to see images of it and this is one of the most detailed ones I’ve seen!

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan 

Thanks very much Bryan! I worked hard on squeezing every last pixel of detail out of the pillars that I could from my location, glad you enjoyed the view! 😍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...