Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon 16 degrees

neil phillips

Moon very low 16 degrees, just before dusk and under wavey seeing. But got a chance to try out my new Altair Starwave F11 102 Achro doublet. Purchased second hand on here. Many thanks Brian.  Not enough back focus. i had to pull out the 2 inch adapter a extension and the camera. to achieve focus, possibly creating some tilt. not ideal. Think i found another extension that may work. Still get oscillating. Not sure of the cause yet. next time i will balance the scope slightly off eastward and see if it helps. if not i may talk to flo.  Looks like it might do better under good conditions perhaps. Good grab and go fun. Its good to have a focuser that works, Also have a bresser 127 F9.5 Achro that will get some action soon i hope. 

Full size prime focus

starwave full.png

75%

starwave full.r.png 75.png

236370414_263384392026747_3390856402831188597_n.jpg

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 5

Looks great!  Pretty sure you have found yourself a lovely little yard cannon that will nearly always make you happy with results.   I expect that when you pop it up on a nice high moon you will be thrilled with it.   At F11 the view should be pretty darn clean and close to Aprochromatic?  :)))

Edited by WestCoastCannuck