NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC1340

Andy R

First DSO target posted for a while

45 mins Ha x 3min

96 mins O3 x 3 mins

Sharpstar 94 with 0.8 reducer ASI1600mm

Its cropped a little but looking at the stars in the corners I still need to add a bit of spacing. 

C81517F5-5B85-4488-BA39-257A3BCDC2C6.thumb.jpeg.c76463989eb857da43aa6d89439961ba.jpeg

• Like 14

41 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Thats a lovely example.  Interested to see how you get on with the stars.  Mine had astigmatism that couldnt be resolved

Lol Yes I do suffer from star anxiety with it, I’m hoping it’s the back focus. So far I’m not too happy with the scope. I bought the starsharp dedicated field flattener with a recommendation of  100+mm back focus and at that length I can only focus on objects 20yards away. I reduced the back focus and managed to reach focus but the stars are a bit ovate around the edges. This image, I used the .8 reducer.

Unfortunately I purchased the scope Dec/Jan time and didn’t get it out the box for 6 months to test due to the weather, otherwise I would be putting it back in the box and returning it. 

17 minutes ago, Andy R said:

Lol Yes I do suffer from star anxiety with it, I’m hoping it’s the back focus. So far I’m not too happy with the scope. I bought the starsharp dedicated field flattener with a recommendation of  100+mm back focus and at that length I can only focus on objects 20yards away. I reduced the back focus and managed to reach focus but the stars are a bit ovate around the edges. This image, I used the .8 reducer.

Unfortunately I purchased the scope Dec/Jan time and didn’t get it out the box for 6 months to test due to the weather, otherwise I would be putting it back in the box and returning it. 

Thats a shame, but I dont think the stars at all detract from your image, it's fantastic and eye catching.  I also bought the 94 0.8x FF, and was told the level of astigmatism etc was to be expect with the design of the scope and flattener, and that I will need to use post-processing to correct the star shapes.

19 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Thats a shame, but I dont think the stars at all detract from your image, it's fantastic and eye catching.  I also bought the 94 0.8x FF, and was told the level of astigmatism etc was to be expect with the design of the scope and flattener, and that I will need to use post-processing to correct the star shapes.

Thanks Adam, You’re right I can live with it and with a bit of processing it has come out alright. I’ll just add a few more hours of Ha to it.