Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My season opener (well sort of) M16 with recomended re pop.

simmo39

Hi all, With it being clearish night and no work today i thought I would start my DSO season off by finishing one I started last year. I only have a small window on M16 due to trees and a house. Last year i got some Ha and Oiii data with my departed SW 72ED, this year I have added some Si with my new Askar FRA400. I realy need to do the whole target with this scope but with the way the weather has been I just wanted to try and get something for my season opener. I had the usual start up troubles whitch I will hopefully sort ready for my next session. I know I could do with lots more data and I will add it as and when I can but here it is:

51363076718_fe68fa6350_b.jpg

And the crop:

51363075928_c75e74144d_b.jpg

Hints and tips most welcome.

Edited by simmo39
  • Like 7

Nice shot! I'm sure it'll really pop with a longer integration time. As it stands, maybe it could do with the contrast being upped a bit? M16 is always behind my house so I can't image it from my garden, I'm jealous that you can!

25 minutes ago, Lee_P said:

Nice shot! I'm sure it'll really pop with a longer integration time. As it stands, maybe it could do with the contrast being upped a bit? M16 is always behind my house so I can't image it from my garden, I'm jealous that you can!

Thanks for the pointer, I have been playing with the data again and will post the results. most of the problem is the lack of data.

• simmo39 changed the title to My season opener (well sort of) M16 with recomended re pop.
2 hours ago, Lee_P said:

That definitely pops more! Just add in more data and it should be a cracking image 👍

I'd be interested to hear how you rate the Askar400 compared to the SW72.

Hi Lee, thanks. Old problem, lack of data and time! lol. As for the scope I think the Askar is brill scope, build is excellent and not having to sort out spacing to the sensor is a real boon. Im hoping

to give it a good run this season weather permitting.

• Like 1