NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Polar scope align pro

Hi there 

This is my first post so please excuse me if I am in the wrong area. I was wondering if Polar Scope Align Pro is available for Android phones? I don't seem to be able to find it in the Play Store for Android phones. 

Hi seaeagle, I don't think you can get that particular app on Android, it seems to be iOS only. However there is plenty of polar alignment apps available in the Play Store.

I've been using Polar Clock its easy to use without any annoying ads but it doesn't seem to be as feature packed as Polar Scope Align Pro. 

Hi there Seelive

I have seen the link before that you posted but I am too sure how to start the download process. It seems to want you to download lots of files and it is a bit confusing. It says it is for Android but I am not sure how legitimate it is.  Any thoughts?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Deadlake said:

When this gets the polar align module will be hard to beat if the plate solving works:

I like Skyeye and its my app of choice on my phone. Will be good to see how plate solving works with it, although I probably will have no need for that feature as I control my scope using Kstars/Ekos.

33 minutes ago, AstroMuni said:

I like Skyeye and its my app of choice on my phone. Will be good to see how plate solving works with it, although I probably will have no need for that feature as I control my scope using Kstars/Ekos.

I have GEM and the weakness of polar align pro is interference from the metal in the mount. Setup using a phone with plate solving would make the process quicker and hopefully more reliable. I did also think maybe a raspberry pi with a camera running linux and a full fat desktop app was another way to go.

Edited by Deadlake

1 hour ago, Deadlake said:

I have GEM and the weakness of polar align pro is interference from the the mount. Setup using a phone with plate solving would make the process quicker.

If Skeye can get it right, it will be a strong contender for the Celestron StarSense 👍🏽