Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can't decide on planetary scope...

Well, an order has been placed for a new planetary scope.....

The only 180 Mak I could find was a Celestron, which I very much would have liked, but came in at £1450 🤯

Found C8's at £1099 but I've been there and done that. Best view of Jupiter was with one, but still over budget.

Considered the 8" CC but think the mount would have been stressed with the weight and couldn't get over the CO of the 6" (not that it would likely be a problem in reality).

I do like a lens scope and always wanted to try a mak (I did briefly once when I was new to astro but didn't really know what I was doing), so having watched and waited for stock to arrive over the last few weeks, I just plumped for one of these 6 inchers....

Orion.thumb.jpeg.14bc1571ac57103f1beb0cb8d5b4e45b.jpeg

With the left over budget, a Baader Steeltrack may very soon find it's way onto the back. But I'll hold out until I've tried a bit of lunar first.

Excited 😀

• Like 6