Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 23rd July 3 am

stuy

I have been having some good seeing of late here in wales here is a brief description 

seeing 8/10 transparency 7/10

12” zen maksutov + zeiss binoviewer + baader zoom eyepieces ( 8-24mm) 369x

the NEB was very active with a single small barge present and plenty of structures visible, the colour of the equatorial zone was quite orangish .

The south temperate zone was the highlight for me ,showing oval BA and 3 smaller ovals in this difficult area to observe there was a mottled effect on both north and south polar zones . 
im sure if I had a planetary cam it would of been a special image , but these days I’m just visual leaning towards possibly sketching.

thanks Stuart 

• Like 4

Seeing for Jupiter was excellent this morning with my Skywatcher 400P Dobsonian. Using a 12.5mm Orthoscopic giving a power of 144X many belt details flashed in and out of view and as the Great Red Spot approached the limb two conspicuous spots in the NEB approached the meridian.

Seeing was remarkable considering the low elevation (as long only moderate power was used )I tried to go up to a 9mm Orthoscopic but that was too much on this occasion.  I will have to wait another year for Saturn to be visible from my main observatory as its still a bit low.