Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can anyone tell me anything about these?

kbrown

Hi,

I'm not much of a visual observer but I do occasionally use my grandad's old binos I inherited from him. They must be over 30 years old and seem to be in fairly good condition. I do suffer from a bit of astigmatism in my eyes so I always find it a bit hard to focus with them. There is a separate "focuser" for the right eye so what I usually do I use the main focus lever to focus the left eye, then adjust the right eye after. Is that how you're supposed to do it? I haven't tried using them with my glasses yet.

Anyway. I am curious if anyone can tell me anything about these binos. How good or bad they used to be. Would I benefit anything by getting a pair of more modern binos?

IMG_20210722_012156.thumb.jpg.56c404db5b0cbcaecd34ea4b6b7d7645.jpg

IMG_20210722_012221.thumb.jpg.18ca8263a0f635bfc6c367586e8c67de.jpg

Edited by kbrown

mixed opinions over on cn about that brand- could be excellent though- how do they look to you? 

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/580014-cat-eye-kamakura-kohki-optical-ltd-20x60/

I find adjusting the right ep diopter statically like that never seems to work as your eyes can accommodate or adjust to the image. Better for me is to rack the focus in and out slowly adjusting the diopter to try and match the left eye so it goes in and out of focus in balance.

Mark

• Thanks 1