Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astrotracer ISS in UMa, & Cyg from Bortle 4

Hello,

Here are 3 shots from last night.  All taken w a Pentax Astrotracer on an unmodded K70.  Manual focus so it could for sure be sharper.  No filters, Bortle 4 (Kernow).

All 60s taken w 16mm lens at f5.6 - the first two are ISO 200, the third ISO 800.  The bright white line in the first is, I reckon the ISS (double-checked it this afternoon w what heavens-above was saying as the time & direction of the pass would have been & it all seems consistent).

Cheers,

Vin

IMGP0706.JPG

IMGP0705.JPG

IMGP0703.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work mate. I would personally suggest you take the top image into Photoshop (or a similar program) and duplicate the layer, isolate and cut out the foliage and house, then make them much darker and less orange and maybe even add a bit of camera blur to simulate a bit of depth of field.

As a professional 3d animator and compositor, I feel that would make a bette image. And a touch of vignette wouldn't go amiss either possibly.

Of course, it's all subjective.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers